Please review the following terms and conditions (“Official Rules”) before entering a contest or giveaway hosted by The Freeman Company, LLC (“Freeman”, “We”, or “Our”). We reserve the right to change these terms at any time, and by entering our contest/giveaway you acknowledge that you agree to abide by the most recent version. Do not participate if you do not agree to the following terms and conditions.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This giveaway is open only to those who participate in the Freeman guitar pick drawing within the Freeman VIP suite at the Maroon 5 concert on January 7, 2020. They must participate in the guessing competition and write down their estimate with their contact information and be 18 years of age as of the date of entry. The giveaway is only open to legal residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Freeman, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the giveaway. The giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Participant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Official Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Freeman as final and binding as it relates to the content of this giveaway.
4. How to Enter: The giveaway must be entered by entering the guitar pick guessing competition within the Freeman VIP suite at The Maroon 5 concert opening on Tuesday, January 7th at 7pm and closing at 10pm. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Freeman. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Freeman.
5. Prizes: The closest guess to the number of guitar picks within the container wins a Maroon 5 autographed prize valued between $500-$1500.00. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Freeman. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Freeman’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner(s). No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner(s) is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Freeman to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner(s) will be determined by who comes closest to the correct number of guitar picks (the “Winner(s)”). A Winner cannot win more than once. Winner(s) will be notified on the same day they are selected by Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn. Freeman shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. After notification, winners may claim prize in real time at the Freeman VIP suite at Chase Center for the Maroon 5 Concert or they may choose to have Freeman mail their prize to an address they provide. If Winner(s) cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize before the end of the event, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Receipt by Winner(s) of the prize offered in this giveaway is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER(S) (AT FREEMAN’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER(S)’ DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER(S) OF THE GIVEAWAY, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this giveaway (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Freeman, anyone acting on behalf of Freeman, and Freeman’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the giveaway, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this giveaway, You represent and warrant that your photo or entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Freeman. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Freeman from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Freeman may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Freeman reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the giveaway should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Freeman’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the giveaway. In such case, Freeman may select the Winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Freeman. Freeman reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the giveaway or website or violates these Official Rules. Freeman has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the giveaway, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by giveaway rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Freeman reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Freeman and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the giveaway and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the giveaway; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the giveaway or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS GIVEAWAY IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF TEXAS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this giveaway, Participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this giveaway, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Dallas County, Texas having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than Participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this giveaway). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Social Media: The giveaway hosted by Freeman is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn.
Maroon 5 and the Maroon 5 logo are registered trademarks of Universal Music.