DALLAS — August 20, 2019 —Taking the lead to help make the events industry be more environmentally friendly while reducing waste, FreemanÒ — the world’s leading brand experience company — today introduced Freeman Sustainable Events.
Freeman Sustainable Events has the most robust and extensive set of full-service sustainability offerings available in the event industry. These solutions can help event organizers and corporate marketers reduce their impact on the environment, reduce waste cost-efficiently, reduce cost, and enable them to visibly promote their commitment to sustainability at their events.
Freeman Sustainable Events provides a full line of environmentally friendly and cost-effective products including furnishings, graphics options, booths and props, carpets and registration options and the following services:
- Charitable Donation Program: Meet environmental and social objectives through a charity donation program to capture reusable materials and items left over from the event. This donation program not only reduces the waste that potentially will go to a landfill, but also gives back to the local community.
- Food Donation Program: Food waste is an important topic for the industry. For exhibits where food products are on display, Freeman will work to get as much of the leftovers as possible into the local community. With offices all over the world, Freeman can assist show organizers and meeting planners with identifying charities that can accept food donations and secure the right equipment, including refrigerated trucks, to transport the food safely to its destinations.
- Exhibitor Outreach Program: Freeman provides best-practice guidelines and education to help exhibitors eliminate waste, recycle and donate.
- Sustainability Planning and Coordination: Freeman's sustainable event experts will help set the right goals for clients and will create a program that reduces waste and lowers carbon footprint.
- Sustainable Event Audit: The key to long-term success with any goal is to measure results and revise the plan to improve the results. The full sustainable event audit collects all the metrics associated with the event from all areas and suppliers. With this data, clients can submit for APEX certification, report back to their board, calculate carbon footprint, prepare for CSR reporting and review the results to improve the next event.
And finally, it offers the best practices and standard operating procedures to enhance sustainability for all client events, under a global ISO 20121 Certification in Event Sustainability.
“Emerald strives to be innovative in everything we do surrounding our events,” said Karen Stewart, vice president, operations, Emerald Expositions. “Our sustainability efforts are no exception, and so we are proud to be partnered with a company like Freeman who has long viewed sustainability as one of the key pillars of our industry.”
“The purpose of the Specialty Coffee Association is to create a thriving, equitable, sustainable industry,” said Kim Elena Ionescu, chief sustainability officer, SCA. “Working with Freeman has enabled us to produce an event that is valuable to everyone from coffee growers to coffee retailers, while also demonstrating our organization’s commitment to implementing sustainable practices.”
“We are committed to creating a more sustainable, less wasteful events industry and to producing environmentally friendly events. Over the past 10 years, Freeman has become the leader in the environmental experience and is an industry innovator, which led us to develop Freeman Sustainable Events,” said Melinda Kendall, SVP, sustainability, Freeman. “Our new set of products, services and processes is a one-stop shop that can help event organizers and marketers take the next step in their journey to find cost-effective green alternatives. Freeman Sustainable Events has customizable services that scale to our clients’ individual and unique goals. Sustainability is the future of the industry and our goal is zero waste trade shows and events.”