Dallas, TX – January 19, 2016 – Freeman, the leading global provider of brand experiences, together with the Healthcare Convention and Exhibitors Association (HCEA), unveiled trends in healthcare event marketing that are helping brands engage new audiences in a new white paper titled, “The Changing Landscape of Healthcare Events: New Audiences, New Opportunities.”
Traditional healthcare events face competition from nontraditional healthcare events. As a result, healthcare event planners will need to change with the times to keep pace with cutting-edge technology and early adopters or risk losing audience and mind share. Brand marketers will need to reexamine their event portfolios to ensure that they are reaching their audiences in both traditional and nontraditional venues.
In an effort to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of healthcare conventions and exhibitions as an educational marketing medium,Freeman has highlighted seven key factors brand marketers need to know about the changing healthcare environment:
- Forecast Shows Modest Growth: The Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR) forecasts a 1.6 percent increase in healthcare exhibitions this year.
- New Influencers in Primary Care: Nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and pharmacists continue to assume a larger role in influencing patient care and offering science-based insights as part of patient engagement.
- Expedited Approvals of Pharmaceuticals: Better science and faster pathways to approval have led to expedited approvals for pharmaceuticals. Brand marketers should follow this path. The lifecycle for a new product can last from three to five years, so building long-term relationships that provide sponsors access to your audience before, during and after an event is essential.
- Blazing New Trails in Technology: Healthcare patients and professionals are embracing an expansion of “do-it-yourself” (DIY) healthcare resources, according to a PwC report. The top four DIY mobile medical applications help track healthy eating, monitor diet and weight loss, suggest exercise tips, and provide health news.
- Explore Options in Health Technology Events: ###/strong
- Connect with Younger Audiences: One of the fastest-growing audience segments includes Generation Z, teenagers and young adults born roughly between the late-1990s and the mid-2000s. They’re a sizable bunch—nearly 25 percent of the U.S. population. Gen Z doesn’t want to be “sold” but rather prefers to gather and exchange information regarding products and services as part of their buying process and networking.
- Chart the Attendee Journey with New Experiences: Part of creating a customized road map for healthcare events is to understand what your current and future audiences are seeking to be successful at their jobs. Event planners should aim to create an attendee journey that delivers on this promise and offers career-advance content and “can’t miss” experiences.
Freeman’s expertise in healthcare events stems from its extraordinary reach across the sector. Freeman’s visibility into hundreds of annual healthcare events enables unique insights which we leverage to assist healthcare clients in order to optimize their marketing portfolio to drive awareness and sales.
“Freeman is committed to sharing ###a href="healthcare" class="redactor-linkify-object">http://fxphealth.com/">healthc... event knowledge and measuring the value of these experiences,” said Chris Metzger, vice president of business development at FreemanXP. “These insights help our clients quantify their goals and interpret their subjective questions into productive, objective measurements – ultimately producing memorable, meaningful experiences.”
HCEA anticipates that these trends will provide useful information and services to industry and healthcare associations by improving the quality of conventions and exhibit programs. HCEA believes this research aids in the professional development of its member representatives by fostering better understanding and cooperation between industry and healthcare associations.
“HCEA is thrilled to partner with Freeman to produce these timely, cutting-edge industry insights,” said Christine Farmer, HCEA president. “As healthcare exhibitions continue to grow, it is important that our industry continues to develop relevant research that highlights key factors impacting the changing landscape.”
For more information about Freeman and to download a copy of the whitepaper, visit the website here.
For more information about HCEA, visit www.hcea.org.