This post originally appeared on freeman-emea.com.
More and more, brands are turning to exhibitions and events to connect with their existing clients, and build relationships with new ones, as they come to realise the power of face-to-face marketing.
While experience marketing is definitely an effective route to take, it’s important to get the basics of exhibiting right, to get the most out of the experience. We have put the following 10 tips together, to help you achieve your exhibition goals. Watch our animation here!
1. First things first, be sure to read your exhibitor manual, as it includes important information about show deadlines, health and safety and local accommodation options.
2. Because attendance is often booked far in advance, it can be easy to forget exactly what you’ve ordered. Refer back to your contract, so that you know what you have booked and paid for.
3. There are a number of exhibitor options available to you. A basic shell scheme package will typically include walling, a fascia, carpet and a name board, and sometimes electrics are included too.
4. You might also want to make enhancements to your basic shell scheme. Graphics, AV and furniture are all effective ways to help attract visitors to your stand.
5. When you book a space only stand option, this won’t include a shell scheme. You’ll need to work with a partner, such as Freeman, to help with the custom design and build of a stand to suit your needs and objectives.
6. The cost of exhibiting will vary according to the type of stand you choose, and the time that you place your order. Get in early to benefit from any early bird discounts that Freeman are offering!
7. At Freeman organised shows, when it opens for build simply head to your designated space, and everything that you’ve ordered will be delivered there directly.
8. You’ll be pleased to know that you can do almost anything with your exhibition stand, so long as it doesn’t damage the shell scheme. Avoid nailing or drilling things onto the scheme – velcro is a great, sturdy alternative.
9. It might sound obvious, but make sure you’re well prepared ahead of the event. Don’t forget to invite your clients, bring company materials such as brochures and business cards along, and don’t underestimate the importance of a phone charger!
10. When the event opens, don’t forget to take photos and share your experience on social media. Tweet and tag @Freeman_EMEA so we can see how great your stand looks!